World Mental Health Day on October 10 is this year all about getting us to look after our own mental health and wellbeing. It means closing your eyes, taking a breath and thinking about what you can do to keep yourself healthy.
It can be to promise to yourself that you will:
- create reasonable expectations of what you can get done in a day
- ask for help to create study strategies
- sleep well (8 hours a night is the recommendation)
- talk to family
- do something that is meaningful to me
- ask for help from family and friends if it is getting to hard
- talk to a counsellor
- or what ever is appropriate to your situation
Keep it short and achievable, write it down, and add it to the promise wall .