This week: a blog post on some of the great services library staff have discovered since they started working here.
- Library Resource Guides (these contain subject specific resources, give you tips on how to search for different types of information, plus latest news and research). I think they are awesome, I wish I'd known about them when I was still studying.
- The awesome services for distance education students (we scan and post books out to your home address).
- The huge collection of LP records in the Bathurst library
- The study room in the Bathurst Library set up with a television, DVD/VHS (video) player, and stereo with record player (use it to listen to LP records from our collection or videos from the archives)
- Tablets (Surface Pros) can be borrowed for to do your work on (borrow them for up to 4 hours from the AskUs desk)
- Renewing your loans online through the library website (our video shows you how)
- Whiteboard markers (use in the learning commons, or anywhere there is a whiteboard)
- 24 hour access to the Learning Commons areas on all campuses with your CSU student card.
- Our online chat service giving you instant help (operating Monday to Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm, Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 1:30pm - 5:00pm)
- Library Youtube videos for 24 hour help, (these include tutorials introducing the library website, how to use Primo Search, journal databases, general research strategies, endnote, plus many others)
- Online Workshops at the start of each semester, (online and at selected campuses, developed to help you find the resources you need for your studies)
- The fantastic new spaces and furniture in the library - much more room to study in a quiet spot!
- All the new quiet study areas in the new Port Macquarie Learning Commons
- The "CSU Safe app"- for students studying late on campus - you can request security staff to escort your to your car
- All the new books in the new Port Macquarie Library.
- The 24/7 library space, which allows you to pick up your holds (book requests, that is) from the holds locker and borrow library items day or night from the smart blade machine.
- Lots and lots of films on DVD available for loan (when in the library check out the DVDs around the Dewey number 791.4372), or do a Primo Search by a movie title, or just use "movie", "film" or "DVD" in your search and refine your results to DVDs.
So, make sure you're making the most of all your CSU Library has to offer!