How do I reference a webpage?
|photo credit: splorp via photopin cc|
How do I reference when no author is listed?
How do I reference information that was given to me in a face to face meeting?
Most Schools at CSU use the APA style (6th edition) and this is the referencing style we are most familiar with when asked how to reference.
The basics on referencing correctly at CSU
- Your first stop is the referencing at CSU webpage, particularly the CSU guide to APA referencing
- Workshops on referencing and other study basics are offered on demand and at different times of the year by ALLaN (Academic Literacy, Learning and Numeracy)
- If you are going to be writing a lot of essays a referencing management systems like Endnote really makes it easier to organize and manage references.
Questions on referencing?
- Try the Referencing forum hosted by ALLaN (Academic Literacy, Learning and Numeracy). Select 'Study Success' in Interact2 and open the Discussion board from the left-hand menu to find 'Referencing'. You can scan through this forum to see if anyone has asked a similar question in the past, or post your own question there. Questions are usually answered by the next business day.
- Make an appointment with a learning skill advisor. Face to face, Skype, phone, and email 'appointments' are available
- Library staff are available to help with simple referencing questions.
- Our Ask a Librarian page gives you several contact options