The Student Services Office - Health Promotion Service has registered CSU, access to thedesk, an online interactive program for tertiary students, funded by beyondblue and developed by research at The University of Queensland and the Queensland University of Technology. This additional support service is available to all CSU students. Access to thedesk is available now for all students once they have registered.
thedesk provides tertiary students with strategies and skills to cope with problems they may encounter, and to promote skills for academic success and wellbeing. thedesk offers all students tools to help with problem-solving, to challenge unhelpful or negative thoughts, to assist with relaxation and provides quizzes to check their progress in a range of areas.
All students can access thedesk. They can source strategies and supports whenever and wherever the need arises. It helps build on existing strengths and promotes resilience, thereby contributing to students capacity to complete their studies.
The components of thedesk are:
- Modules where students complete activities to develop problem-solving and self-management skills.
- Tools to help with everyday issues.
- Quizzes engage students to check progress in a range of areas
- The Coffee House forum for social networking
- Get Help. This is where there are links back to institution and community resources and support on a range of topics.
For additional information please refer to thedesk website and register or contact Coleen Pearce who will be able to assist with additional information.