Are you wondering what the online world will be like by 2020? The Pew Internet and American Life Project have published the findings of their third survey of experts regarding the future of the Internet. The summary of their findings includes the following -
- The mobile device will be the primary connection tool to the Internet.
- Voice recognition and touch user-interfaces will be more prevalent and accepted by 2020.
- The transparency of people and organisations will increase, but will not necessarily lead to more personal integrity, social tolerance or forgiveness.
- Divisions between personal time and work time and between physical and virtual reality will be further erased for everyone who's connected.
- "Next generation" engineering of the network to improve the current Internet architecture is more likely than an effort to rebuild the architecture from scratch.
You can read the whole report here