Each week CSU Library adds hundreds of new resources to our catalogue, including books, DVDs, CDs, and electronic resources. The following selection highlights some of the new books added to the collection last week. Click on a book's title to read more information about the book, or click on 'Check Availability' to find the book in the Library Catalogue. Click here to view the complete list of new titles.
- Casino Royale - Casino Royale introduces James Bond before he holds his license to kill. But Bond is no less dangerous, and with two professional assassinations in quick succession, he is elevated to "00" status. "M" (Judi Dench), head of the British Secret Service, sends the newly promoted 007 on his first mission that takes him to Madagascar, the Bahamas and eventually leads him to Montenegro to face Le Chiffre, a ruthless financier under threat from his terrorist clientele, who is attempting to restore his funds in a high stakes poker game at the Casino Royale. "M" places Bond under the watchful eye of the Treasury offical Vesper Lynd. At first skeptical of what value Vesper can provide, Bond’s interest in her deepens as they brave danger together. Le Chiffre’s cunning and cruelty come to bear on them both in a way Bond could never imagine, and he learns his most important lesson: Trust no one. . Check Availability
- Casanova - For the first time in his life, the legendary Casanova (Heath Ledger) is about to meet his match with an alluring Venetian beauty, Francesca (Sienna Miller), who does the one thing he never thought possible: refuse him. Through a series of clever disguises and scheming ruses, he manages to get ever closer to Francesca. But he is playing the most dangerous game he has ever encountered - one that will risk not only his life and reputation, but also his only chance at true passion. . Check Availability
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room - The inside story of one of history’s greatest business scandals, in which top executives of America’s seventh largest company walked away with over one billion dollars, while investors and employees lost everything.. Check Availability
- Dying to be Anorexic - Katie and Lavinia say that anorexia is a lifestyle, not a disease. They are part of the pro-anorexic world, known as "pro-ana" and they reject the idea of eating disorders, and choose to celebrate them as a lifestyle choice instead. The program looks at the underground network of pro-anorexic websites which encourage people to raise their condition to an almost cult-like status. It tackles head-on the extreme lifestyle of people with eating disorders and what motivates younger people who choose to live their lives in this way. This disease rules their lives with an iron grip and it can be deadly. Katie has attempted suicide twice and tries to live on 200 calories a day. Lavinia has attempted to cut her own breasts off in order to lose weight.. Check Availability
- Jekyll: Season One - Tom Jackman is the only living descendent of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He has made a deal with his dark side: a body share. What Mr. Hyde doesn’t know is that Tom has a family. There is a wife and two children that he’ll do anything to protect from his dark side. With all the resources of modern technology, and the best surveillance hardware, he’s determined to keep his dark side in line. He’s done a deal with his own devil. What neither of them knows is that an ancient organisation, with limitless wealth and power, is monitoring their every move, and a plan over a century in the making is coming to fruition. . Check Availability